Sunday, November 10, 2019

Kayaking

Kayaking isn't what I've done the most. However, there is a certain kind of zen about it. Kinda like singlehanded sailboat sailing. It's just you and the element.
Splish, splash, splish, splash,...
That sensation, - the calmness of singlehanded sailing, - can be recreated in SL. The same goes for kayaking (and canoeing), and if the scenery is right, it's truly a breathtaking experience.
Ocean right here, mountains in the back.
However, it takes a rather good computer, as the viewing distance must be set high in order to see those distant mountains.
What kinda canoe is it?
I did a bit of kayak-polo in RL. This kayak here does not resemble those kayaks. It doesn't look much like the ocean kayaks they use in the local kayak club either. It's a little too big for my preference, but that doesn't change the kayaking sensation much.
Into the unknown
Perhaps it's the right size for sailing an ocean with waves and such. I dunno. In any case, it feels quite safe to sail, and I'd recommend it after af hefty day at work. Unless ofcourse you have access to a real kayak.
Seagulls are forever in motion
After a kayaking trip it's always nice to sit and think. Maybe rest a bit before sailing back. Luckily it's SL, so teleporting is also an option.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Noodle, I have been trying to contact you a number of times, by IM or email, but there has been no wayto get through it seems. I need your help with a group management problem in-world in Second Life.
    Greetings, Liv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy Liv, I am still around. Just busy sailing in first life. I've dropped u an email, so let's meet up and see what we can do.

    ReplyDelete

Noodle says hi and behave :-)

(Please leave an identifiable name when commenting)