Thursday, December 31, 2015

So this is Christmas

Tralalalala-laaah? Well, the lyrics go: "and what have you done". Fear not... I promised myself I wasn't gonna do one of those status-posts that the news are so full of this time of year... flooded would be the right word. Nah, I just felt like playing, and there was a piano right there at Tradewinds Christmas show.
A piano
Or was it the other way round? After all the piano was there first. Anyway, I just sat there. Played a little, but mostly I just sat and thought it was a beautiful moment. Then I realized I needed to get out and see the rest of the show.
A wintery landscape
Oh what fun... Ahab must have been very busy this time. The entire Tradewinds Yacht Club is covered in snow and Christmas stuff. Oh, and there are boats too... in Christmas attire. Here's a shot from the west side with a little pond. There's a bridge right behind me, and there are little penguins skating nearby,,, So cute!
A more wintery outfit
Speaking of Christmas attire; It's kinda cold in this summery outfit. Perhaps I should change into something more Christmas-ish. Quickly, into the boatshed. Noone will see me changing behind the washing machine. Maybe use Ahabs office? It's probably warmer and more private, but it would look kinda weird if he arrives while I am sitting in his office chair. Stripped...
Santas Delivery Service
Look who's here... Parked right outside by the roof of the boathouse... It's Santa. I climbed up there, but the front seat was too narrow, so I had to sit in the back with the gifts. This is great fun. Except he was having a break. No flying today he said. Duh! And the weather was so good for flying...
Up and away
Good afternoon! This is your Captain speaking. We're off to start in a few minutes. While we wait I can tell you it is a fine day for flying. We expect nothing but smooth flying, so we'll probably arrive at the North Pole right on time. The temperature at the destination: It is freezing, but my crew will distribute hot coffee in just a few minutes. My name is Santa, and I wish you a pleasant flight...
Landed  
The destination might have looked like this, but this really just is the north side of Tradewinds; It is such a pretty winter-landscape. There are more animals there... Rabbits hop around in the snow on the farther north side, where the forest is more dense.
A snowman wedding
Also, there's a snowman romance; Ehh, actually it's a snowman wedding, The text on the letter says Merry Christmas, but it does look like she is wearing a veil. I decided to stay in the background. Wouldn't wanna disturb them on the big day. It's a long hug,,, I hope they can share a hot kiss without melting.
East side
So here's little me on the east side of Tradewinds. There's another little pond here. I was gonna sit and pose, but those icy rocks were too cold to sit on. Brrrr. Note the giant snowman in the background. From here he looks kinda sweet. Up close he's a bit scary.
Lighthouse dressed up
Then the snowman by the lighthouse looks sweeter. I love this picture. Christmas trees and all the usual Tradewinds stuff plus those big beautiful snowflakes slowly drizzling all over the place. Yummy. The only thing that's missing is a tiny booth with crepe au marron and a hot cup of Vin Chaud... Cheers! 

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all the sweet people I've met the past year in this insane yet fascinating virtual world...and to all sailors regardsless of their whereabouts...


2 comments:

  1. You too Noodle, You too...
    /Netrom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late, but still:) Merry ones and happy 2016

    ReplyDelete

Noodle says hi and behave :-)

(Please leave an identifiable name when commenting)